Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thinking In The Mean Time

Sometimes when I think that there is really an answer to whatever it is that I am trying to find out, it befuddles me to think and find out the true answers and reasons to the existence of whatever it is that some long and dark bearded stranger interpreted to be only a few c.m. away from the edge. That edge is often forgetfulness. It comes and goes when you least expect it. Just this morning, for instance, I left for work without my work. What would posses me to do such a thing? My brain, perhaps...
Now, had I been seeking out the mysteries of some inward soul, or pontificating over the whereabouts of a seamless division between the creation of will and the demise of desire, then I would not be surprised to find out that I had forgotten such a primary element of my day. But I did no such thing. I was just going to work, saying goodbye to my TV viewing son, my stressed-out, anxious, uncannily smart dog, and my extremely pregnant wife. Yet, I forgot.
It turned out to be a good thing, though, because I was able to concentrate my energies on a singular thing while in the Office, instead of trying to do all the things that would be helpful to do.
This week I've won $6 in Scratch-Offs. Spent nothing (except for the money that I've won, which has gone into buying more Scratch-Offs and cups of coffee, and a little spare change, and a tip in the form of a winning $1 Scratch-Off).
Sorry, this is getting a little Long Winded. I should go and provide some entertainment.
A question to leave with:
In the event of something happening that is unexpected, what would you do with the frozen nail clippers in your money pocket?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve. As I google "Moroukian", I see your name pop up. Funny, I say, I know all the Moroukians...or not. But how's that possible...I have the family tree! Any chance an ancestor took of the "Medz" in front of your last name? Drop me a line at morouk18@yahoo, as I'm curious to find out.